There are two major errors in the contemporary church regarding the subject of the Holy Spirit:
The charismatics tend to focus obsessively on the Holy Spirit to the point that personal experience is elevated over the objective truth of Scripture, while the non-charismatics tend to ignore the Holy Spirit altogether resulting in man-centered ministries operating as if the Holy Spirit was unnecessary. Both errors are spiritually debilitating. If we misunderstand the role of the Holy Spirit, or if we ignore Him altogether, how can we truly be empowered by Him?
We must remember Paul’s words to the Galatians: “Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?”
The Holy Spirit is vital in the life of the church; He is the antidote for every error, the power for every weakness, the victory for every defeat, the answer for every need; and He is available to every believer. The goal of these lessons is help us to have a better understanding of the role of the Holy Spirit in the church today, and to show us how we may better rely on Him both individually and corporately. ” ‘Not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit’, says the Lord Almighty.” (Zech. 4:6)
The 10 lessons will be as follows:
1. Introduction – Who Is the Holy Spirit?
2. The Role of the Holy Spirit in Old Testament Times
3. The Filling of the Holy Spirit – The Spirit Filled Life
4. Transformation – The Main Agenda of the Holy Spirit
5. The Transforming Ministry of the Holy Spirit
6. The Guiding Ministry of the Holy Spirit
7. The Sealing Ministry of the Holy Spirit
8. The Gifting Ministry of the Holy Spirit
9. Baptism with the Holy Spirit – What Is It?
10. Blasphemy of The Holy Spirit – What Is It?